Please select the language

Standartbild.jpg

About Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH

We, the Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH (=construction machine LLC), have been the exclusive distribution and service partner of the Caterpillar Inc. since 1954, the worldwide largest manufacturer of construction machines. Until today, the Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH has become the largest business unit of the ZEPPELIN group, and it is Europe’s leading distribution and service organization of the branch of trade.

A harmonious thing: Zeppelin’s factors of success

Zeppelin is everywhere in Germany and Austria, please find the nearest Zeppelin location 

The success of Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH consists of different components that have the decisive additional value for our customer as a whole. Among that are the nationwide network of branches in proprietary possession and first-class consultancy by means of trained and experienced employees. We are able to offer you leasing, hire purchase, rent, all-inclusive-financing or individual hybrid forms according to your needs. More than 1,000 employees in our service- and spare part organization as well as 600 optimally equipped service vehicles form an organization with a unique clout. And we deliver 98% of our spare parts to our customers within 24 hours via the central spare parts warehouse of Zeppelin in Cologne and the downstream warehouses of Caterpillar in Grimbergen (Belgium) and Morton (USA).

At the beginning of the 20th century, our company’s founder Ferdinand Graf von Zeppelin has been a symbol for innovation and progress with his airship for the human beings of the whole world: The belief in a vision, strong will for success and last but not least his pioneering spirit have made history beyond all limits. This spirit of an offensive concept for the future lives on in our company.

After the Second World War and the end of the era of airships coming along with it, the Zeppelin-foundation that had come into existence due to a legacy of the Graf and that was administered by the city of Friedrichshafen founded the Metallwerk Friedrichshafen GmbH in July 1950, today’s ZEPPELIN GmbH. It consists of the strategic business units Construction Machines Central Europe, Construction Machines Nordics, Construction Machines Eurasia, Rental, Power Systems and Plant Engineering.

Today Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH is the largest company within the ZEPPELIN Group, with 1,747 employees and 1.18 billion € turnover in 2019. In addition to the sale of new and used Caterpillar construction machines, the product portfolio includes service, which is provided nationwide in 35 branches, consulting and financing of the equipment. The headquarter and the legal domicile of Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH are located in Garching near Munich. 


The management of the Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH

GF_202101_Cordes-Weber.jpg

Thomas Weber, Fred Cordes

Fred Cordes, Dipl.-Ing. (mechanical engineering): Chairman of the management board

1995 Entry at Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH as a sales engineer
1997 Product Manager spare parts, distribution and marketing in the headquarters in Garching
2000 Branch Manager in Osnabrück
2003 Sales Director, Sales- and Service Center North
2009 Director Sales and Marketing, headquarters Garching
2012 Managing Director of Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH
Juli 2017 Chairman of the Management Board of Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH

Thomas Weber, Dipl.-Kfm.: Management

1989 Started out at After-Sales Service division of Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH
1993 Division Manager Service-Organization
1999 Manager Service-Controlling, Service-Contracts of Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH
2002 - 2012 Various leading positions at a company in the construction machines industry, at last Managing Director
seit 2012 Managing Director of Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH