Zeppelin Power Systems - how it all began
As early as the beginning of the last century, our founders set their sights high: Zeppelin Power Systems is part of the Zeppelin Group and the Zeppelin Foundation, which was founded in 1908 and has its roots in Zeppelin airship building with Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin. In 1954 Zeppelin was assigned the service and distribution rights for Caterpillar engines in Germany and many other countries. Today, the Zeppelin Group consists of the business units Construction Equipment EU, Construction Equipment CIS, Rental, Plant Engineering and Power Systems.
2007 saw the establishment of the independent legal entity Zeppelin Power Systems GmbH, headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, and with offices in Achim, Cologne, Leipzig, Munich, Bremen and Duisburg. In 2012 an additional legal entity was founded in Moscow.
Today, Zeppelin Power Systems distributes drive and energy systems based on modern Caterpillar engines of the renowned Cat brand in Germany, Russia, many countries in Europe and the CIS. The sales and service locations for Cat and MaK include Germany, Austria, Denmark, Greenland, Sweden, Northern and Southwest Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belarus, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Armenia and Uzbekistan.
For MaK engines, we are also active in Azerbaijan, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Iceland, Lithuania, Latvia, Moldawia, Mongolia, Switzerland, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia, Kazakhstan and Cyprus.